Monday, December 15, 2014

I Survived True Stories: Five Epic Disasters by Lauren Tarshis


21877182So anyone who knows me(or looks at my reading list) can see I love disasters. The [I Survived] series by [Lauren Tarshis] is a reading teacher's friend since it gets kids who don't read to pickup a book. I was really excited about [True Stories] because two of the events were little known (Children's Blizzard and The Great Molasses Flood) and two others were more contemporary. I liked the information given although I would love to see these written on a slightly higher level since I teach middle school.


I found it interesting that most of the sources that the author used were books I have read and have in my classroom. Hopefully I can use this book as a springboard to get kids to read something challenging just to learn more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment