Saturday, February 22, 2014

Dark Luminance by E.M. McDowell

The beginning of [Dark Luminance] by [E.M. McDowell] made me feel like I was reading a science journal about quantum physics. Not something I would truly enjoy. It was like the about of detail [Tom Clancy] would put into describing the workings of a nuclear sub in his fiction works. As with Clancy's books a persevered and got through the tech stuff to the story.

The characters were not very well developed but the plot kept the action moving once you got past the beginning. I think as far as the setting went [McDowell] may have kept it purposely nondescript to give you the last feelings of his characters.

Overall I enjoyed the book and I am looking forward to the next. For older people like me I will make a pop culture reference about this book. "Oh boy."

No comments:

Post a Comment