Saturday, February 24, 2018

Georgia Peaches and other Forbidden Fruit by Jaye Robin Brown


28003097


















GENRE: YA, Lesbian Romance, Coming Out/Coming of Age

This book was randomly found by my wife who does not read lesbian fiction but she suggested it to me. We live in Georgia so it was really a no brainer. The struggle to come out in the South is real for most kids. This is not the most accepting region especially when you throw religeon into the mix. Brown did an amazing job of showing that struggle in a funny and compassionate way. Her characters were amazing and their relationships did not seem contrived. Everything developed as it should. It was an well written and thought out coming of age/coming out book that left me wanting more. I even messeged the author and asked if there would be more. So, obviously, I highly recommend this book. Also it is YA so safe for younger people.

No comments:

Post a Comment