Sunday, March 9, 2014

Defy the Night by Heather and Lydia Munn

[Defy the Night] by [Heather and Lydia Munn] was a very telling coming of age story. In fact throughout most of the book I really did not like the main character, Magali. I thought she was selfish and egotistical. I guess that was the point though.

The setting of "free" France during early World War II is something most people are not aware of because it was when most of the world was in denial. The people there fought on silently doing what they could for whom they could. This was not the Resistance as most people know of but perhaps it's predecessor.

The book was very well written and as I stated before the characters definitely had their own personalities. I will be adding this book to my classroom library and recommending it to the school library.

No comments:

Post a Comment