Sunday, March 2, 2014

Chronicle of the Mound Builders by Elle Marie

[Chronicle of the Mound Builders] by [Elle Marie] is a fast paced, thought provoking ride. The tie between the past and the present using a female archaeologist as one of the main protagonists is a different take on a mystery.

As someone who if familiar with the Cahokia Mounds and the mystery that surrounds them I personally found the plot of this story intriguing. The characters were believable even in some of the more fantastic elements. It all fit together.

I could have done without the sex scene because it seemed gratuitous  but I get that is common in fiction today. The story could stand very well on its own without that though.

I have recommended this book to my sister who is an anthropologist and a big [Elizabeth Peters] fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment